Professor Hoye is currently the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Development) at La Trobe University and Director of La Trobe Sport.
Professor Hoye brings detailed knowledge of community and elite sport from his two decade long research and consulting background, along with current experience managing La Trobe University relationships with a variety of state and national sporting organisations. He has been Director of La Trobe Sport since January 2013 and has overseen the development and implementation of a university wide strategy for sport and a significant restructure process. His role has oversight of all campus sport experiences, AUS participation opportunities, university clubs, commercial partnerships, elite athlete support, and sport infrastructure, curriculum and research.
He is a widely published author and sought after conference speaker in Australia and internationally.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Griffith University
- Master of Public Policy and Management, Monash University
- Master of Environmental Studies, The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Arts (Recreation), Victoria University of Technology
- Director of Australian University Sport, 2017 - present