Chris brings 25 years’ education sector experience encompassing tertiary and secondary teaching, physical education, and management of an educational self-esteem program in Australia and Singapore. Chris is currently the Director (and Equity and Diversity Advisor) of UWA Student Life aimed at improving the UWA student experience. His portfolio includes oversight of UWA Sport, Student Accommodation Office, Health Promotion Unit, Medical Centre and Early Learning Centres. He is also Deputy Chair of the UWA Critical Incident Team.
Chris is passionate about the value sport offers in the education sector, which includes participation and opportunities foe engagement in volunteering, management and leadership activity. He believes that sport is a sound investment from the graduate, employer and universities’ perspectives and that the value of sport needs to be communicated and promoted in universities to all who have a role in preparing graduates for employment.
- Doctorate of Education (in progress), The University of Western Australia
- Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Master of Education, The University of Western Australia
- Master of Business Administration, Edith Cowan University
- Graduate Diploma of Management, Edith Cowan University
- Diploma of Education, The University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Physical Education, The University of Western Australia
- Director of Australian University Sport, 2017 – present