Deidre is currently the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Students and Registrar at Macquarie University in Sydney. Deidre has held Senior Sports Executive positions at both an international and national level and her contribution to elite sport has been acknowledged worldwide.
She is published widely in the areas of coaching and career transition in sport and has a lifelong commitment to supporting the development of young people.
- PhD (Risky Drinking amongst Young Australians "Pleasure, Tensions and Contradictions"), Macquarie University
- Master of Arts (Lifeskill Intervention and Sports Performance)
- Published Works Victoria University
- Postgraduate Certificate (Athlete Counselling) Australian Institute of Sport
- Bachelor of Arts (Sports Management) Victoria University
- President of Australian University Sport, 2014 - Present