Australian University Sport supports member professional development and encourages staff from its member institutions to seek opportunities for continued career growth.
Australian University Sport is offering up to four places for AUS member delegates to attend the FISU-NUSF conference that will be held on the Gold Coast from 9-14 December 2017. Delegates will be required to cover the costs of their travel to the Gold Coast however once on ground, costs for airport transfers, seminar attendance, accommodation and meals is covered by the organising committee (FISU Oceania and Asia University Sports Federation).
The conference will attract over 50 delegates from Asia and Oceania university sport federations and focus on Leadership and Project Management. FISU will also be represented with delegates visiting from FISU headquarters in Switzerland. Delegate will take away key learnings on FISU practices and practical tips for managing projects such as activities surrounding International Day for University Sport.
How to apply
Interested applicants are required to submit a written application of no more than 500 words outlining why you wish to be considered for this opportunity. Applications must include the following information:
- How the opportunity will benefit your current role and programs at your university
- Specific objectives you are looking to achieve from the opportunity
- Other information that you feel will support your application
In addition to the written application, the following supporting documentation must be provided at the time of application
- A letter of support from your university (preferably from Deputy Chancellor level)
- A letter of support from your department manager outlining that they approve of your time away from your role, and that they support your professional development
For more information and to submit your application, email AUS General Manager – Education Training and Risk Donna Spethman.
The following deadlines are to be strictly observed
- Applications open: 9 October 2017
- Applications close: 27 October 2017
How applicants are assessed
The successful applicant will be determined by an AUS Board appointed selection panel consisting of:
- Board member
- FISU Oceania secretariate
Terms and conditions
- Successful applicants are to contribute to/lead a project on their campus for International Day of University Sport 2018. International Day of University Sport is a United Nationals recognised International Day held annually on 20 September.