Australian University Sport supports member professional development and encourages staff from its member institutions to seek opportunities for continued career growth.
Australian University Sport is offering to assist in costs relating to travel for a staff member from a university member sport delivery agent to attend professional development opportunities that contribute to their role and their organisation.
The professional development opportunity can include (but is not limited to) travel to attend a conference either nationally or internationally, travel to attend a tour of campuses or facilities either nationally or internationally, or travel to attend a speaking tour.
Australian University Sport will provide up to $2000 towards travel costs relating to the professional development opportunity.
How to apply
Interested applicants are required to submit a written application of no more than 500 words outlining why you wish to be considered for this opportunity. Applications must include the following information:
- How the opportunity will benefit your current role and programs at your university
- Specific objectives you are looking to achieve from the opportunity
- Other information that you feel will support your application
In addition to the written application, the following supporting documentation must be provided at the time of application
- A letter of support from your university (preferably from Deputy Chancellor level)
- A letter of support from your department manager outlining they will assist with relevant on ground expenses, that they approve of your time away from your role, and that they support your professional development
For more information and to submit your application, email AUS General Manager – Education Training and Risk Donna Spethman.
The following deadlines are to be strictly observed
- Applications open: 1 August 2017
- Applications close: 31 August 2017
How applicants are assessed
The successful applicant will be determined by an AUS Board appointed selection panel consisting of:
- Board member
- AUS General Manager Education Training and Risk
Terms and conditions
- AUS funds may only be used for travel expenses relating to flights to/from the opportunity and/or internal flights should this be applicable
- If travel is international, flights must be booked by AUS
- The university member is required to cover on ground costs relating to the opportunity including visas, accommodation, meals, per diem, on ground transport etc.
- Successful applicants are required to provide a written report back to AUS upon completion of the opportunity, outlining details of the experience, within two weeks of return