FISU is the world governing body for university sport. FISU have officially launched the call for nominations for the 5th FISU Gender Equality Sport Award, which will be awarded during the 29th Summer Universiade in August 2017 in Taipei City.
Through this award, the FISU Gender Equality Committee aims to promote and encourage better integration of women in sport at all levels. The FISU Gender Equality Sport Award is given to an existing project developed by a federation, an organisation, an institution or an individual to promote gender equality in the framework of university sport. Particular attention is given to projects that could act as models for other countries, regions and/or continents.
The award recognises a project that promotes and strengthens Gender Equality in University Sports, promoting the incorporation of women in the different spheres of university sport. The activities linked to the project must have been/be carried out from 2015 and/or 2016 onwards. The activity must be implemented at a regional or national level, or only in one higher education institution within the FISU Member Federations or with their support.
Award recipients receive 5,000 Euro to be attributed directly to the project.
How to apply
Full details on how to apply are outlined in the application guidelines. Any organisation or AUS member institution or individual wishing to put forward a nomination must submit their proposal via Australian University Sport using the official nomination form (located in the application guidelines). FISU will not accept applications that have not been endorsed by Australian University Sport.
Additional information must be supplied and include:
- The nominee's completed or current action, programs or initiatives to achieve significant improvement in womens participation in Australia or in their relevant institution (no more than one page)
- The tangible documented results of such action, programs or initiatives (no more than one page)
For more information and to submit your application, email AUS General Manager – Education Training & Risk: Donna Spethman
The following deadlines are to be strictly observed
- Applications open: 17 March 2017
- Applications to be submitted to AUS for consideration by: 26 May 2017
- AUS to assess applications: early June 2017
- AUS to lodge application to FISU: 30 June 2017
How applicants are assessed
The successful applicants will be determined by an AUS Board appointed selection panel consisting of:
- AUS Board member
- AUS CEO
- AUS General Manager Education Training & Risk and/or General Manager High Performance & International Programs