In 2016, Australian University Sport and Chinese Taipei University Sports Federation entered into an MOU agreement which sees both organisations offer opportunities to their members.
Chinese Taipei University Sports Federation invite an AUS member to attend the 2017 APEC Workshop to be held in Ha Noi, Vietnam on 13 May 2017. The theme for the workshop is “Linking Education and Start-Up: Youth, Women and Athletes”.
There is an opportunity for a panellist and presenter at the conference.
- The panellist will join a panel discussion about the policies to link education and start ups for women athletes (session 1 of the program)
- The presenter will share 15 minutes about best practices on education and career planning for youth start ups (session 2 of the program).
Documents providing further information
Chinese Taipei University Sports Federation will provide round trip economy class air tickets to Ha Noi Vietnam, board and accommodation (from 12-14 May inclusive) for the successful applicant. Airport transfers in Vietnam will also be arranged.
How to apply
Interested applicants are required to submit a written application of no more than 500 words outlining why you wish to be considered for this opportunity. Applications must include the following information:
- How the opportunity will benefit your current role and programs at your university
- Specific objectives you are looking to achieve from the opportunity
- Other information that you feel will support your application
In addition to the written application, the following supporting documentation must be provided at the time of application
- A letter of support from your university (preferably from Deputy Chancellor level)
- A letter of support from your department manager outlining they will assist with relevant expenses, that they approve of your time away from your role, and that they support your professional development
For more information and to submit your application, email AUS General Manager – Education Training & Risk: Donna Spethman
The following deadlines are to be strictly observed
- Applications open: 6 March 2017
- Applications close: 31 March 2017
How applicants are assessed
The successful applicant will be determined by an AUS Board appointed selection panel consisting of:
- AUS Board member
- AUS CEO
- AUS General Manager Education Training & Risk
- A representative from Chinese Taipei University Sports Federation
Terms and conditions
Successful applicants are required to provide a written report back to AUS upon completion of the opportunity, outlining details of the experience and recomendations, within two weeks of return.