In 2017, Australian University Sport was pleased to partner with the Australian Institute of Sport to present the Australian University Sport and Elite Athlete Friendly University combined National Conference (AUS/EAFU).
The AUS/EAFU conference was held from 16-18 May 2017 at Marriott Resort, Surfers Paradise, Queensland. The conference is the only event of its kind in Australia that unites sport management professionals for an intelligent and informed annual discussion of issues that drive the university sport sector.
Delegates enjoyed professional development and networking opportunities with the conference attracting university sport leaders, a dvierse range of keynote speakers, elite athlete sports administrators, university sport CEOs, managers and coordinators, NSO administrators as well as representatives from international university sport federations. The event also incorporated the AUS annual general meeting and black tie Gala Dinner.
During the AUS/EAFU conference, delegates were invited to download the conference app which provided them with the opportunity to:
- Keep up to date with session times
- See the full delegate list
- Read speaker biographies
- Create their own schedule
- Receive session alerts
- Provide feedback on speakers
- Learn more about exhibitors
Delegates who provided feedback were entered into a book prize draw. Winners received signed books from speakers Alex Malley, Margie Warrell and MC Brooke Hanson.
Annual General Meeting
The 2017 Australian University Sport (AUS) Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held on Tuesday 16 May at 1:30pm at the Marriott Resort Surfers Paradise.
Registration & Cost
Thank you for your interest in attending our conference. The 2017 conference was held from 16-18 May.
Dates for the 2018 conference will be confirmed in the coming months, and once confirmed, this website will be updated.
For any conference enquiries, please contact Australian University Sport.
MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA, SURFERS PARADISE QLD
The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, their 304 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please everyone - from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a short walk to the beach. Their immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa.
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa is an easy 35 minute drive from Coolangatta airport and situated within easy walking distance of shopping, restaurants and nightlife.
The following schedule is the final schedule for the 2017 AUS/EAFU National Conference. The 2018 schedule will be released in early 2018.
Australian University Sport is proud to support the following exhibitors who will had a presence at this years conference.
We encourage you to visit their website for more information about their products and services.
The following presentations are approved for post conference review.
- Universities Australia - presented as part of workshop (The future of university sport)
- Risk Logic - Designing an incident management training program
- Dan Hunt - Mental Health Movement
- Professor Wylleman - The holistic development of elite athletes
- LaTrobe University - Surviving the restructure
- University of the Sunshine Coast - Building a quality elite student athlete support program
- EAFU Credit Transfer - A national approach
- Deakin University - Elite Sports Precinct
- AFLPA Mindmax (coming soon)
- The University of Western Australia - Partnership with West Coast Fever
- University of the Sunshine Coast - High Performance Sport
- Victoria University - Partnerships presentation | paper
- Charles Sturt University - Delivering sport across multiple campuses
- Curtin University - Sporting Infrastructure Master Plan
- Queensland University of Technology - QUT Sport Stadium
- University of the Sunshine Coast - Benefits of facility upgrade (coming soon)
- Associate Professor John Saunders - The relationship between player off field engagement and on field performance (coming soon)
- Professor Paul Wylleman - Gold in Education and Elite Sport